What is the Spirit Saying? Sundays in June and July
Every time New Zealand Anglicans read scripture in worship we hear the words, “Hear what the Spirit is saying to the Church”, echoing St John’s visions on Patmos of letters to the seven churches, recounted in the New Testament Book of Revelation.
A we enter a new era in the Diocese of Wellington and on June 30th welcome our new Bishop Justin Duckworth, it is right for the diocese and for us locally at All Saints to be asking “What is the Spirit saying to the Church?”
During most Sundays between June 24th and August 5th, we will be hearing from an invited preacher at our 9am and 10:30am services to help us explore that question.
Each speaker will share something of their experiences and offer a perspective from their current Christian ministry.
- June 24th: Danny Te Hiko, Archdeacon for Mission, Wellington Diocese.
- July 1st: Professor Fraser Fleming, Duquesne University, USA.
(10am Combined Service with Q & A following over morning tea.)
- July 15th: Susan Blaikie, Wellington City Missioner.
- July 22nd: Robert Kereopa, Executive Officer, Anglican Missions Board.
- July 29th: Martin and Alison Robinson, Chaplains, Rimutaka Prison and new Urban Vision Naenae team.
- August 5th: Manu and Anna Ward, leaders of Urban Vision Newtown Park community team.
July 8th will be a combined 10am All age communion, with Yvette Michalska preaching.
I invite us all to be attentive to the Holy Spirit as we seek to be faithful to God’s calling for our life and ministry together:
Holy Spirit, sent by the Father,
ignite in us your holy fire;
strengthen your children with the gift of faith,
revive your Church with the breath of love,
and renew the face of the earth,
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.